Monday, February 19, 2007

WeekEnd in Vegas

I have just returned for a weekend to the city I grew up in. This time I found the most distressing. I can deal with the encounters with family that we all endure & sometimes enjoy, the precious little time spent with old friends was great (sorry whit)but the general social climate has left me distrurbed. I found myself wanting to stay at home.

When I lived there were all the men so fat? were all the women so annoying? was everything so over priced? was everybody trying to be more sophisticated than they really are? Was it just me having a happy place in my memory that never existed?

I am so confused, I can now not refer to this near annual pilgrimage as returning home. I cannot do that anymore.... I have reached my crossroads & have no tollerance for this place that has changed so much for the worse. News Flash Queenslanders bigger is not always better!!!! The more concrete the more generic & characterless the place is. Farewell Bris-Banal!!!

4 comments:

Bevan McMerkin said...

Tell your family and friends to get the fuck out while they still can. (consult the pertinent song "Great suburban showdown" by Billy Joel from his "Streetlife Serenade" album).
Besides, didn't I see you and your little hands on the social pages of the Brisbane News once? You were with a couple of tarted-up dumb footy moles on your way out of Ballymore, and you had a scarf on.

Dave said...

You're not Brisbane roylty until you've been photographed at Ballymore with dim Rugby moles.

Little Hands said...

I deny that I EVER appear in such a title. I have been seen with Rugger moles in my youth but there is no physical proof, certainly not published. (Unless on line with a cucumber)

Anonymous said...

I've always liked Brisneyland. One big tacky theme park.