Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Answer Your Mobile

It is very important to answer your mobile phone. Let me tell you how important. If I am having a conversation with someone, and my mobile phone rings, I will most certainly answer it. That person should just understand that they are less important than the new person who is trying to contact me.

If I was in mid-conversation with William Shatner, I would answer it.
If I was in mid-conversation with the Pope, I would answer it (I would also hand it to him and say "It is for you. It is Lucifer").

I was speaking to the Virgin Mary the other day (she appeared to me in my chamber – it was a miracle), when my mobile rang. Of course I had to take the call, holding up a finger to indicate to Mary to button it.

If I was in mid-conversation with Chuck Norris, I may pause before answering it. But that would be out of self preservation more than anything.

If I was hanging from a cliff by one arm with a love interest holding on for her life to my other arm below me, I would definitely take the call. It would be rude and a cop-out not to.

6 comments:

Little Hands said...

too right. just the other day i was interrupted mid wank. i answered.....

Bevan McMerkin said...

Yes, but what if the phone call was from a potential new love interest who is better than the old one, whom you could drop (literally). You would never know if you didn't answer. Don't be snide.

Anonymous said...

If people answer a call when I'm talking to them, I walk away. I don't indicate I will be back, dont leave a note, I just leave.

Dave said...

That is a top tactic. You could always leave a note saying, "I will be waiting for you in the man-sauna in Fortitude Valley. The place where I often meet up with your Dad."

Douglas Scown said...

A patient (who was late for a first appt) came in, sat down.... and took a call. "I've got to take this." So I'm thinking don't jump to conclusions, be calm. She puts a hand over the receiver, says "Grandaughters ill, I was with her all night." So I think that's ok. You were late for your appt, waiting rooms backed up (I'm always on schedule)but you have an ill (in hospital) GD. Fine. I wont hurt you now.

I listen - a few q's about the GD then I hear "oh and what about the rental? Tell him we'll leave the furniture if he's interested, blah, blah."

And then calmly I think. This is REALLY going to hurt you and I'm going to overcharge you.

Bevan McMerkin said...

Good on you. You just don't hear enough these days of people taking a particular (usually warranted but that's not always necessary) dislike to a customer, and taking it out on them immediately. I once wiped a woman's credit card on my sweaty balls while she wasn't looking, and handed it back to her. Can't remember what she did; probably not much.